|Credit Union :||CoVantage Credit Union|
|Address :||723 Sixth Avenue | Antigo, WI 54409|
Rates, Fees, and Terms :
- Accel Credit Counseling is open to any CoVantage Credit Union member, and is offered at no cost.
- Accel Credit Counseling provides assistance with personal and family budgeting, understanding credit reports, money management, debt repayment, and learning how to avoid bankruptcy & repossession. The program also provides housing counseling with HUD-approved counselors who can help members with everything from pre-purchase education, closing support and foreclosure prevention.
- Counselors are available 6 days per week, 7am to 11pm Monday through Thursday; 7am to 6pm Friday; 8am to noon Saturday.
- Members can contact Accel over the phone for immediate help with any financial questions, or they can request a free in-person financial counseling session. Members can request multiple sessions with the same counselor or take advantage of different counselors.
- If a debt management plan is appropriate, the financial counselor will work with creditors to negotiate concessions and/or payment agreements. The fees charged for this service are often $25 to $50 per month by other credit counseling agencies; however, CVCU offers this service free to their members.
Marketing Strategy :
- Brochures in lobby
- Employee referral
- Credit Union Newsletter
Program Results/Statistics :
- Currently there are 154 members on a debt management plan.
- Over 1,700 calls were received by the Accel counselors from CVCU member in 2012. Accel will be opening an office Wausau WI in 2013 for members who wish to have a face-to-face meeting.
Member Benefits :
- Immediate access to free, professional financial counselors
- At a $25 per month savings, this represents $42,200 annual savings to CVCU members
- Provides financial literacy and a documented plan for members to meet their financial goals
Additional Information :
CoVantage Credit Union (CVCU) members appreciate the immediate access to counselors under the Accel Credit Counseling program. It is often a difficult decision to call a counselor. When the member calls, they are not placed on hold nor do they need to leave a message for a call back. They are connected with a counselor directly who addresses their questions right away. Members frequently call back to discuss further issues because they found the information received helpful and the process painless.